Monday, April 16, 2007

Packing and Planning

I have collected so much junk from the military over the past 9 1/2 years. The military wouldn't take most of it back. Please let me know if anyone needs any camouflage pants for gardening or renovation work. Keep in mind I'm over 6ft tall.

It's strange that it had taken me 15 minutes to get into the military but it's taken several months of processing to get out. Part of the problem is that "Admin and Personnel Command" thought I was in Korea. I have never been to Korea. And I was told I couldn't get out until I got home from Korea? So I assume I returned from Korea last week, at least that's what the papers said. I was even awarded a "Korea Defense Service Medal". Of course, I've been waiting a year for medals from things I have actually done. Finally, tomorrow morning at 9am I get my final discharge papers...I can't wait.

I'm driving back down to Seminole Heights this Thursday for the home inspection. Last time I was in town I went to the Taco Bus. I thought it was nice that the restaurant let our dog sit on the patio with us. I think this time I'm going to try Cappy's Pizza. I'm not sure about going to the American bungalow presentation, that may run a little late for me.

We're a little discouraged by the permit process in Seminole Heights. I think our first projects, after moving, will be a deck and fish pond. The previous owners did a wonderful job with the interior of the home and there is little I would change.

:)

No comments:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket